Monday, March 17, 2003

CRAP.

I started writing a bunch of stuff here, then I hit backspace and my computer was all like "What? You want to delete that typo? Too bad, I'm going to take you back a page instead." Now I get to start over.

"Love" by The Juliana Theory:

If there's one thing you can't say about The Juliana Theory, it's that all their cds sound the same. Well... I guess it's physically possible for you to say that, but if you did everyone would laugh at you and call you a stupid head. Some bands change to keep up with what�s cool, and some bands mature and get better. The latter is obviously the case with �Love�. If I were to put this cd into some sort of filing system, I�d put it in a folder labeled �Rock Music That Makes You Feel Tough Just By Listening To It�. The track list on this cd is near perfect, with every song flowing nicely into the next. The only song that throws it off is �Into The Dark� (Track 12) which was from their last cd, and has been re-made for this one. I don�t know, it just doesn�t go with the rest of the tracks on this cd, al though it is much better than it was before. The cd starts off with �Bring It Low� which kicks you in the face with a big tough riff and lets you know what you�re in for with the rest of the disc. Brett Detar has gotten so much better at singing and songwriting it�s almost absurd. His vocal range is freaking amazing. TJT isn�t really a �Christian band�, but Detar (Who writes all the songs) is a Christian. The interesting thing is, is that even though TJT is now on a major label (Epic), it seems like there�s more of a �Christian message� than their other cd�s when they were on Tooth & Nail. A few of these songs hit home with me, like �Do You Believe Me� (#2), �Shell Of A Man� (#3) and �In Conversation� (#11) to name a few. They�ve also got a new drummer, who rulez the drums with an iron fist. Listen to �Congratulations� (#5) if you want to know what I�m talking about. In fact, listen to it anyway because it�s one of the toughest rock songs ever, and one of my favorite tracks on the disc. There are a few tracks I skip though. Like �DTM� (#9) because it feels kinda generic, and doesn�t seem quite like TJT, and following that �Trance� (#10) which just kinda rubs me the wrong way I guess. But overall, �Love� is a great cd and you should all buy if you don�t have it already. Especially since it�s only like 9 bucks at Target.

Well, there you go. A really really really long review. Next time I'll review "Truth, Soul and Rock & Roll" by The Elmses because Adam told me to. I'll also use some kind of rating method because Adam told me to do that too. But don't worry, I wouldn't jump off a bridge if Adam told me to. Unless of course said bridge was over a river of tasty and delicious marshmallows. Until next time, don't foget to rock and roll.

P.S. I got a Standard Tele.

No comments: